Submissions are Now Open
You are invited to submit either an Extended Abstract or a Completed Manuscript following the guidelines given below.
- Extended abstracts (hereafter referred to as “abstracts”) should be submitted Online through: IRCHSS 2018
- Extended abstracts (written in Sinhala or English language) must be received on or before 30th May 2018.
- The relevant track should be indicated at the top left corner of the first page.
- Extended abstracts should be accompanied by a short abstract.
- The short abstract should be 01 page in length consisting not more than one paragraph with a word limit of 350 including 5 keywords. Please do not include subheadings or references.
- The title of the abstract should be a maximum of 16 words and should be centered.
- The title should appear in bold, lower case, except for the first letter of the first word; ensure that the first word of your title starts with a capital letter. All other words apart from proper nouns should be in lower case. Do not use Acronyms in the title.
- Extended abstract [word limit 1200 including short abstract; maximum 05 pages; page numbers should be included] should consist of the following sections.
- Author affiliation
- Short abstract
- Introduction (including Research problem, Research questions, and Objectives)
- Literature review
- Discussion [OR results & discussions]
- References [only 5 – 6 ; APA style]
- Figures and Tables could be included only if essential.
- Tables/ Figures (maximum of 2) should have a caption on top and be numbered using Arabic
- Acronyms should be written in full the first time, mentioned in the text, followed by the abbreviation in parentheses.
- Always follow SI Units.
- Use font type, Times New Roman/FM Abhaya; size 11, 1.15 line spaced.
StyleGuide: extended abstract [Download .doc]
StyleGuide extended abstract [Download .pdf]
- Paper size and Orientation: A4 (210 x 297 mm), portrait.
- All margins except left: 25 mm. Left margin: 30 mm. Gutter : 00
- Font: Times New Roman, 11 points; Line spacing: 1.15, one column of text.
- No Header or Footer except 15 mm Footer for page numbering [bottom right]
- Paragraph-Justified, No indent, No extra spacing before or after, No special effects
- Insert –Figures and Tables (Maximum 2)